10/02/2010

Nike Triax Fury 100 Style Watch (Black/Red) Reviews



Nike sport watch , Large display, Traditional Triax S shape angled face with large numbers

Technical Details

- 100 lap chronograp
- Stores data up to 100 laps
- Target Time, Recovery time

See more technical details

Customer Buzz
2.0 out of 5 stars"NOT A HEART MONITOR" 2010-08-30
By MMA Rules
I did a search for Heart Monitor and this item appeared, and being a fan of Nike, I just ordered the item not researching farther. When I received it I realized that this watch did not have the Heart Monitor feature. I immediately returned it. FYI....This watch has a really small wrist band. Not sure why this watch appeared in my search.

Customer Buzz 
4.0 out of 5 stars"Great Watch for the $$$ for Men or Women" 2010-07-15
By J. Baldwin
I'm a distance runner, artist, and new mom so I like having a good sports watch that is easy to read, aesthetic, and can take a pounding. After having a Timex Marathon die on me for the fourth time (fantastic watches, but they are very poorly made now), I decided it as time to try something different.

I wanted a watch that was durable, had a readable display and lap features. I was also looking for something that was somewhat aesthetic (I love casio's durability, but their watches are a pain to read and clunky-looking).

Based on reviews on several different sites (including here), I decided to try the Nike Triax Fury 100. For $35 (it retails $95), I figured it was worth a try. It's fantastic! It has many functions, fits very comfortably on my left wrist (but not on my right), and is everything I hoped for.

I only have two complaints - First, it looks a little large, but that's no surprise as I'm a petite woman (5'1") and most of the reviewers for this model are guys (even though one of them mentions it is a woman's model). It's more important that it fits very well and comfortably--which is great as most watch bands irritate my skinny little wrists (I'm tightened to the first hole, but I usually am on the first or second on women's watches). My other complaint is I wish mine came with a manual (I'm currently looking for one online). It has a lot of features, and I'd like to know how to use them all. :)

All that aside, though, I'm pretty pleased. Time will tell as to how well this watch will last compared to my 4 timexes, but I have a good feeling about it.

Edit: I have found some information and manuals for this watch:
[...]
Customer Buzz 
3.0 out of 5 stars"nike triax fury 100" 2010-06-26
By
i received it soon but the watch looked used but anyway, it made it on time for the occassion. thanks

Customer Buzz 
4.0 out of 5 stars"Great watch. Good price!" 2010-06-22
By ChiTown Runner (Chicago, IL)
Great all-round workout watch - I use it to run, swim, and cycle. You will want to make sure you read the instruction manual carefully beforehand as there is a lot of available functionality that isn't all that easy to figure out by yourself. I would definitely recommend this watch, and at this low price, seems like a no-brainer!

PROS - Lightweight. Sleek. Loads of functions. Memory. Good battery life. Decent size viewable screen.

CONS -
Size: I'm 6'2" 200lbs and the strap is on the 2nd to last hole, so if you have large wrists, this could be a little snug for you.

Battery: It's close to impossible to change the battery yourself without damaging the watch and losing some functionality. But for around $8 a watchmaker will change it for you, so not a deal-killer.

Complexity - Fairly complex to figure out, especially if you're the average guy who hates reading instruction manuals!

Bottom line - don't hesitate to buy this watch, it does all it should and does it well!

Customer Buzz 
4.0 out of 5 stars"Check the Model #: WR0139 is a Women's Watch" 2010-06-16
By John Le (Denver, CO)
I just got my watch this morning and it is standard (i.e. fantastic) Nike quality. This watch is perfect for me because I'm quite active in sports. It keeps the time, date, has alarms, lights up green, has a big dial face for quick and easy glances to see exactly what you need to see, even has some sort of data saving function, and is super stylish!

My only gripe about this (and it's not even really about the watch itself) is that this model, WR0139, is a women's watch. What this means is that the band is slimmer and shorter than a men's watch. This watch happens to fit me but on the LAST NOTCH; so I'm going to keep it because then the only real gripe I have, then, is the band width, which I don't think anyone is really going to notice.




Best Buys Black Friday Sales