9/20/2010

Casio Men's GW9000A-1 G-Shock Mudman Solar Atomic Watch Reviews


The Atomic Solar Mudman by Casio is mud-, dust-, and shock-resistant enough to survive whatever Mother Nature throws your way. Solar power and multi-band atomic timekeeping make this a great watch for keeping time on the trail. The 46-millimeter case is constructed from durable resin that stands up to typical wear and tear. Comfortable and sporty, the Mudman also features a date-and-month display and is water resistant to a depth of 660 feet.





Technical Details

- Quartz movement
- World time (48 Cities), dual 1/100 sec. stopwatches, five alarms, flash alert, countdown timer
- Tough Solar Power
- Mud and Shock resistant; auto Dual Illuminator EL backlight
- Water-resistant to 660 feet (200 M)

See more technical details

Customer Buzz
5.0 out of 5 stars"Casio G-Shock Mudman GW9000A-1" 2010-09-10
By E Z Long Beach (Long Beach, CA, US)
There is one word to describe this watch TOUGH!. I mean this watch is just asking for it to be put to the test, it's body being cover with shock absorbing material in just the right places that it actually put more appeal to the watch, making it more sexier and bolder. Now having said that here are my Pros and Cons.

PROS:
. STYLING. Its shock absorbing material not only protect but actually adds appeal to the watch that it make the watch stands out.
. SIZE. The watch is not actually that big, I mean big enough to be notice but not big enough to make you look like you are wearing a satellite disc in your hand.
. Weight, This watch actually weigh less than my Seiko, citizen, and bulova dress watches. You would hardly notice its there.
. FEATURES. This watch has just enough features to make it useful in your everyday life.

CONS:
. BUTTONS: I know this watch is design to be tough but there a little to much protection in those buttons that it takes quite an effort to press them including the light button.
. ATOMIC CLOCK SYNC. This features plaque most atomic watches that it takes a while for it to sync and you can be sure it wouldn't be able to every night, but no worries when i did receive the watch this September the last sync it made was last July and its still just off by 3 seconds.

All in all it's a great watch and I do highly recommend it. Hope this review help you out in your decision

Customer Buzz 
5.0 out of 5 stars"My first G-Shock" 2010-09-09
By E.C. Clarke
I must say the G-Shock Mudman Solar/Atomic is everything and more I anticipated!!! Accurate, Durable and Lightweight. I love the solar charging...It works! Very easy setup... I'm a stickler for a tough/accurate time piece and this is it! One thing..though.. don't expect every time-sync to work. Some nights it works and some nights it doesn't. I don't believe it's the watch but maybe the placement of where it is in relation to receiving the satellite signal. If it doesn't sync at night I just take it off during the day outside and sync it. Within 2-3 min. it's done. As you can read from the other reviews the buttons can be hard to press but not impossible. I like knowing if I bump the buttons against something the watch doesn't change screens or even configure itself! Great buy...!!!

Customer Buzz 
4.0 out of 5 stars"Gotta Love G Shock" 2010-08-30
By William Shipman (Lawrenceville, GA)
I have had this watch for around 8 months now and it has been great. I have not had problems with it syncing at all. The only problem that I have with the watch is the real estate on the face. I am not in love with the 5 circles. Great watch otherwise.

Customer Buzz 
1.0 out of 5 stars"JUST DONT BUY IT.." 2010-08-21
By cimabue
The main reason I bought this watch was my trip to Europe.
1. The first shipment arrived with an empty (!!) Casio box. (Amazon dully re-sent another box, to their credit).
2. In London, I almost missed my flight since the UK time of the 'mudman' is 1 hour behind.
3. In Switzerland, I woke up 1 hour earlier (5 am!) on the day of my marathon race (guess why).
4. Alarm setting button is very hard to work with, I ended up with the watch ringing every day at midnight and I cant do anything about it.
5. The Casio customer service 1800 number listed on the Amazon website is a dating service hotline.


Customer Buzz 
5.0 out of 5 stars"G shock review." 2010-08-17
By Mark McNabb (ELIZABETHTON, TN, US)
I have had this watch for 3 years now, and in that time this watch has been an exellent watch. There are a few cons about this watch though the date and day are not on the same display, you must toggle between the 2. and the little resin piece that holds the band down doesnt secure well and will slide and allow the access band to "flop" around, other G shock models I have do not have this problem. This is a larger watch, but I have big hands/wrist so this isn't an issue for me, if you have a small hands/wrist you may want a smaller G-Shock. But overall I highly recommend this watch.



Best Buys Black Friday Sales