10/05/2010

Casio Men's AWG100-1A G-Shock Multi-Band Solar Atomic Analog Watch Reviews


The Casio Men's G-Shock Multi-Band Atomic Solar Analog Watch #AWG100-1A features a dramatic black dial face, which comes encased by a sturdy mineral dial window. Embellishing the face, stand-out indexes bring at-a-glance readability while a day-date-and-month calendar, a daily alarm, and a countdown timer enhance your timekeeping experience. The sleek, black resin band comes equipped with a durable buckle closure. Other details include a stationary resin bezel and 45-millimeter stainless steel case. Blending sporty looks with a technical efficiency, this stunning timepiece is built to accentuate your sophisticated style. Powered by analog-quartz movement, this watch is also water resistant to 660 feet.




Technical Details

- Quartz movement
- Daily alarm, countdown timer, 1/100 second stopwatch
- Accuracy: +/-15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration); world Time (48 Cities), Shock Resistant
- LED Light with Afterglow; hourly Time Signal; auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099); 12 and 24 hour formats
- Water-resistant to 660 feet (200 M)

See more technical details

Customer Buzz
3.0 out of 5 stars"Way too small..this is nice but tiny" 2010-09-28
By Tario
If you are getting used to big watches and want to feel the presence of a wtach on your wrist..this watch is not for you. I just received it today..and when I opened it..I said..'thats it?"..It's small..it's even smaller than my Timex Ironman watch...It's bracelet is nothing to brag about..very plastic-feel to it, and feels very very cheap. However, I am sure and certain the watch is a great piece . I read most reviews and in fact the reviews sold me, except it is too small for me. I don't feel it on me and I thought it would be bigger from the image and ruler size next to it. I have a hard time seeing the digital info. the light up is horrible..reminds me of the first ironman watches that the light came out from the side...so this watch went back in the box and is being sent back tomorrow...

I think I'll be looking at the larger casio watches or sunnotos

Customer Buzz 
4.0 out of 5 stars"great watch" 2010-09-25
By Lee1323
I am very pleased with this watch. I used to have a sharper image atomic watch, but this is much better. -- I did have one problem. Sometimes the analog dials become out of synch with the digital time. My advice is; before you "lose" your owners manual, make sure you know how to offset the analog dials so they stay in synch with the digital time.

Customer Buzz 
4.0 out of 5 stars"Gift" 2010-09-15
By Derek Jensen
I purchased this watch for my father's birthday gift. He is into hunting, fishing, and outdoors activity. He works hard at work as an engineer. I had noticed that he purchased a nice watch that he was always removing before we went to do any kind of outdoor activity. He does not care for digital watches as much as analog watches, so I thought that this would be an ideal watch for him. He was intrigued with the solar and atomic features of the watch. He initally did not like it because of the resin band, but he said that it fits better than he expected because the straps are pre-curved. I would recomend this watch as a great gift for your spouse, parent, sibling, etc. Great value.

Customer Buzz 
5.0 out of 5 stars"Couldn't get any better" 2010-09-11
By sleeksilver (Vienna, VA)
Honestly, this is the perfect watch for so many reasons.

First off, I am a watch guy, I love watches and own over 25 total from Tag to Timex. Even with all of the other watches I own, I find myself wearing this one the most often by far. It is comfortable, stylish, isn't clunky, has dual time and many other useful features and functions. You can wear this watch just bumming around on the weekend, or with business wear. Unlike some other watches with many functions, this one is VERY EASY to navigate, set up, and use.

I've had this watch for two years now, and its taken a beating from everything to snorkeling in the ocean, swimming, camping, extreme weather, etc. It looks as new as the day I bought it.

I saw some other people complain about the LED light not lighting the small LCD screens. Just use a little common sense and put your finger just above those screens to reflect the light back onto them. I can see them just fine at night and I've never had a problem. In fact, that light is so bright you can almost use it as a flashlight to see your way around in the dark. It is that bright...



Pros:
- Keeps perfect time (Atomic:
- Easy to set up
- BRIGHT LED light
- Useful functions
- Stylish


Cons:
- If you don't own one



If you are on the fence between this watch and another G-Shock, get this one. You won't be disappointed.

EDIT: I see the price of the watch has gone up to $110. I don't know why that is, when I bought it on Amazon from Casio directly, it was ~$70-$80. Still worth the money, but that is a steep price hike.

Customer Buzz 
5.0 out of 5 stars"Beautiful" 2010-09-09
By nguyen tran (westminster ca)
This is the second Casio G shock I've owned. The first one was Casio Men's GW530A-1V G-Shock. I bought it from Cosco and used it for 2.5 years. It worked really really well and was very reliable. Can't complain anything about the watch. Unfortunately, I lost it a few weeks ago. After doing a lot researches on watches, I decided to stick with Casio :) and I bought this one. Man, it's even more beautiful than the last watch. It has everything that the GW530A-1V G-Shock offers plus the count down timer. Highly recommend this beautiful baby.




Best Buys Black Friday Sales