8/07/2010

Citizen Men's JY0000-53E Eco-Drive Skyhawk A-T Watch

Citizen Men's JY0000-53E Eco-Drive Skyhawk A-T Watch Reviews
Sporting a rotating slide rule bezel, the Citizen Skyhawk A-T stainless steel men's flight watch offers advanced timing functions and the latest technology. It's powered by Citizen's unique Eco-Drive, which absorbs sunlight and any artificial light through the crystal and dial to recharge the watch continuously. The fast-forward timekeeping features include time and calendar in 43 cities, thirty cities, three world time alarms, a 99-minute countdown timer, one-touch interchangeable analog/digital time, and 1/100-second chronograph that measures up to 24 hours.
The large round silver stainless steel case measures 48mm (1.89 inches) wide and 16mm (0.63 inches) deep. The black dial background features large white hands with luminous tips as well as luminous square dial markers. It's completed by a stylish multi-link stainless steel braclet band. Other features include water resistance to 200 meters (660 feet)--which will stand up to the rigors of recreational scuba diving.

Summary of Features:
  • Atomic timekeeping with radio-controlled accuracy
  • World time in 43 cities
  • 2 alarms
  • 1/100 second chronograph that measures up to 24 hours
  • 99 minute countdown timer
  • Perpetual calendar
  • Digital display light
  • Greenwich Mean Time display
  • Rotating slide-rule bezel
  • Non-reflective mineral crystal
  • Power-reserve indicator

Technical Details

- Ecologically friendly, light powered Eco-Drive Caliber U600 Japanese-quartz movement; charges in natural sunlight or indoor light - Max power reserve: 180 days to 30 Months with Power Save; low charge warning: 3 days; charge time from stop state to max charge: Incandescent Light - 150 hrs, Outdoors, Cloudy (10,000 Lux) - 60 hrs, Outdoors, Sunny (100,000 Lux) - 20 hrs - Durable, hardened non-reflective mineral crystal; case diameter: 48 mm; 2 Alarms; 1/100 second chronograph measures up to 24 hours; 99 minute countdown timer; rotating slide rule bezel - Stainless steel case; black dial; perpetual-calendar; world time (43 cities) functions; Greenwich Mean Time display; atomic timekeeping with radio-controlled accuracy - Water-resistant to 660 feet (200 M)

See more technical details

Customer Buzz
"great watch" 2010-07-30 By Raf I haven't written many review, but i feel compelled to note that i love this watch. It is accurate, looks greats, has many features including distance conversions, feels solid, doesn't need batteries, has light. My only negative point is about it is hard to get the radio signal to calibrate the time where i live in NJ or in NYC where i work.

Customer Buzz
"I really don't think you could find a better watch for the price at this time..." 2010-07-07 By John I've had this for three months now and can say that it is probably the best watch in its price range. The only complaints that may be valid is the crystal and the quartz movement. However, if the Skyhawk had an automatic movement it would have to forfeit much of the technology that makes it what it is and I like the shatter resistant nature of the mineral crystal because I can live with scratches. What I can't live with is a dial that is exposed because of an accident. In all, it was a good purchase.

Customer Buzz
"Full-featured watch - atomic time setting great!" 2010-06-29 By Amberman (Mid-Atlantic - U.S.) The most helpful review by Mr. "Peace" has almost all the information. I want to add that the dial at 6 o'clock is very important. You just have to twist the crown to navigate from day and date setting (that shows up in the right-side LCD), plus chronograph, plus alarms. When the atomic time signal is first received, everything is set up for your current location. No manual setting is required, hence no wear and tear on the crown like other Citizen eco-drive watches. The lume is bright enough to see long into the night, and if you have your home city in both LCDs (because you are not traveling right now to Tokyo or London), the back light will light up both LCDs to show what you want to see. If you are disoriented for some reason, a simple turn of the crown and you can see if its Monday, etc. plus the month and date. You cannot open the back yourself, so don't even try!! Citizen must do the repair or replace the capacitor. It is more "foolproof" this way.

Customer Buzz
"Amazing watch to possess" 2010-06-25 By Vimal This time piece is an amazing one to possess.I will have to rate it 4-star because the watch does not receive signal in India.Therefore, I am not sure if it is a "global-pilot's-watch". Having said that, I do not underrate its accuracy as I compare the time on my watch with the clock on my computer at office (my office computers are fine tuned to global time)and time is pretty accurate. I was in US for few weeks last month and I saw the watch automatically fine-tuning itself to the atomic clock in USA around 2 AM (I believe at Colarado), but I stayed in Cincinnati). It was exciting to see that.

Customer Buzz
"A Real Luxury Watch !" 2010-06-03 By S. Moorthy (VA) Whaav!! is How I could start this review, because that is what I get when people look into my hands. This is the 3rd day I am wearing this watch and I just love it for its looks, accuracy, functions and how it feels in my hands. I like the heaviness of the watch in my hands. I don't mind the fact that It looks big for my small wrist. I barely started to use the bezel functions, and find that it certainly will be useful anytime once I start to use it more often and understand it better. This is the best watch that I have ever had. The only other watch that I would love to have in my lifetime would be a Breitling Navitimer. At less than $350.00, I guess I got the best deal. The product was delivered before the promised time which I like with Amazon. Certainly, this should be categorized as a Luxury watch without a luxury price tag...


 

Read more Citizen Men's JY0000-53E Eco-Drive Skyhawk A-T Watch

Best Buys Black Friday Sales